Friday, July 11, 2014

Saturday the 14th: An Introduction


Welcome to Saturday the 14th, a series that will dive into the world of horror films. From the most recent to the classics, this is where you will find reviews and maybe even some editorials here and there. Horror is arguably my favorite genre of film so it seems fitting to me to create a sub-blog of sorts to review and discuss horror. Starting hopefully tomorrow I'll be putting up reviews as often as possible, if there's no horror movies in theatres I'll dive into my personal collection and/or Netflix to pick one to rewatch and review. 


A bit on my taste. I'm a big fan of the Saw series, I own all 7 and I think they're all good. I'm working on my Jason collection as well. In more modern terms I enjoy a lot of James Wan's films (The Conjuring, Insidious). I also like some of the weirder ones like Cannibal Holocaust, A Serbian Film, both Human Centipedes. One of my favorite subgenres of horror is the "so bad it's good" genre; movies like Sharknado, Dead Snow, and Poultrygeist. For the most part I'll watch any horror movie, although I do seriously hate the Paranormal Activity franchise so if they release more of those, you shouldn't expect a review of it. 

Well that's it for now, I hope to see you next Saturday the 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment