Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pixar: The Movies

Hey guys this is a little something I'm doing to hold you, and myself over for Despicable Me 2. What I'm gonna do is rate each of Pixars movies and give a sentence or 2 on why. In chronological order:


1995: Toy Story - 5/5, what can I say? It's a classic.

1998: A Bug's Life - 4.5/5, great movie but isn't perfect.

1999: Toy Story 2 - 5/5, a perfect sequel to a perfect original.

2001: Monsters, Inc. - 5/5, a great concept executed amazingly.

2003: Finding Nemo - 5/5, also a classic, everyone loves it, but will everyone love the sequel?

2004: The Incredibles - 4/5, the one Pixar movie that could really use a sequel, but nope.

2006: Cars - 4/5, a concept we've seen before from Pixar, still done very well though, minor gripes.

2007: Ratatouille - 5/5, a great story that brought the magic of Toy Story and Nemo back.

2008: WALL-E - 3.5/5, probably the weirdest film Pixar has made, it's good, just not that good.

2009: Up - 5/5, this one is fantastic yet it starts with an incredibly depressing first 15 minutes yet turns to gold.

2010: Toy Story 3 - 5/5, the movie that crowned the Toy Story trilogy my favorite trilogy of all time, this movie is perfect.

2011: Cars 2 - 3/5, not bad at all but by Pixar standards it just wasn't up to par, plus why Cars?

2012: Brave - 3/5, Pixar's first original in 3 years also failed to live up to the bar set so high by previous films.

2013: Monsters University - 5/5, for me, Pixar's return to form with a great prequel to one of Pixar's finest films.

Average: 4.07/5. That's probably the highest average out of any studio, no I'm not doing this for every studio, I do do things.

Overall, I just want to thank Pixar for the fantastic movies they've given us, they are the fabric of my childhood and like a fine wine have only gotten better with age. Here's to next years Pixar film: The Good Dinosaur!

No comments:

Post a Comment